First Year, Autumn Semester Reflection

Coming into OSU I was extremely sure about some things and couldn’t stop worrying about other things. I was confident I wouldn’t get homesick but I worried about being able to make new friends. I was determined to keep on top of my assignments and study a lot and not forget to contact people at home every once in a while but I doubted I would actually be able to do all of these things. Overall I was confident that my base personality wouldn’t change.

Now that the end of the semester has come I can see how things really turned out. I realized that I do actually get homesick and that it’s easy to make friends if you just go up and introduce yourself to new people. I did keep on top of assignments but didn’t study or contact people at home as nearly as often as I had wanted. Although I think my base personality hasn’t changed, I did realize a lot more about my values and traits than I knew before. I realized that when I want to be I can be very outgoing and friendly and I also realized that there is more to studying than doing the homework and reading the book. The biggest thing I learned this semester was that people aren’t always what they seem to be on the outside and that anyone can have an interesting story to tell. I really enjoyed the many talks I had with people that came from all over the world. I look forward to next year and more opportunities to discover more about myself and the people around me.