Non-Academic Resource

When I saw that I had to visit a non-academic resource I did not know what to think because there was not much that I figured I would need outside of the classroom, but it turns out that there are a ton of things to do outside of the classroom, but I do wish playing badminton or racquetball at the RPAC counted. However, the non-academic resource I chose to use was the Wilce Student Health Center next to the RPAC because I wanted to get the flu vaccine before the onslaught of winter. I found out about the vaccine by seeing signs about it all over campus. I figured it was the easiest thing to do that had the most long term benefit for me, as of right now I do not need study help or stress help. I did really well on all of my midterms that I have gotten scores back for, and I have always had an attitude about myself where nothing has stressed me out. In order to get my vaccine I had to make an appointment, I figured the best way to do this was to go ask at the health center itself. On Tuesday, I went into the health center and asked what the best way was to make an appointment to get a flu shot, and they told me to just walk over to the MyBuckID station, swipe my ID, and select flu shot. Unfortunately, this was after 5 pm, which is when they stop giving out vaccines for the day. I went the next day after class and swiped my ID to find that my insurance was not on record, so I had to walk back to my dorm to get my insurance card and then walk all the back to the health center. Once I got all of that squared away it took at most five minutes to get my shot, bandaid, and be sent on my way. I think the whole process goes as fast as it can possibly go, the only way I could have expedited the process was by making my appointment online ahead of time or by calling, but because I had been by the health center the day before I had chosen to just make it easy on myself. I do not think that the resource could be made any better based on my experience solely because it was both quick and easy to do, the two most important things for me. Again, for me, I do not think that the University is lacking any support services because I did not run into any problems trying to acquire a service that I needed.