Licking County Farm Bureau invites you to bring your UTV and join us for a farm tour! Cost is $50 for one UTV and 2 passengers. Extra passengers are $10 each. Lunch is included.
Registration starts at 10:30am, Lunch served at 11am and the tour will start at 11:30am. Tour stops include: Licking Valley FFA Farm, Bowerston Shale, Toboso Ag, Cedar Hill Farm and Claylick Run Farm.
- Licking Valley FFA – The unique school farm includes dairy feeder calves, market hogs, crops, research trials and more! See and hear about what these students are doing.
- Bowerston Shale – This brick manufacturing company has been a long time staple of the community but you are likely not aware of all the brick artwork that originated at this facility and can be observed across the country. Take this opportunity to see what goes on in this off the beaten path business.
- Toboso Ag – This recently opened family owned gravel quarry is located in Toboso, Ohio. The Boyce’s are providing everything from top soil to gravel.
- Cedar Hill Farm – The Kreager’s are a 6th and 7th generation family farm that has implemented a number of conservation practices including pumping water 1500 feet to multiple grazing paddocks, a heavy use pad for winter feeding, and fencing for conservation and better use of resources.
- Claylick Run Farm – David Felumlee and his family operate a progressive angus seed stock business selling cattle to farms in multiple states. They also operate a crop enterprise and have recently added a goat venture.
Register by calling 740-452-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13. Space is limited, insurance is required and all participants must sign a waiver.