I have been working with researchers to put this together. You still have time to register at the link below.
Thursday, March 3rd, 8-9 am
Hot Topics –What’s the Future of Soil Health?
Five Researchers from Ohio State will describe their research, results, and future direction of projects.
Topics will be:
- Yields and Soil Health After 50+ Years of NoTill and Crop Rotations.
- Drivers & Obstacles to Adoption of Soil Health Practices.
- Healthy Soils, Healthy Waters: Can soil health improvements help improve water quality?
- Microorganisms and Soil Health.
- Interseeding Cover Crops in Ohio Opportunities and Challenges.
1 hr NM CCA continuing education credit per session
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY EXTENSION CFAES
Soil Health Flyer 2022 official
OSU Extension Mid-Ohio Small Farm Conference – Sowing Seeds for Success scheduled for March 12th 2022
No need to feel alone in the field. Our new and small farm conferences provide connections that will last long after the event.
- Do you own a few acres that you want to be productive but you’re not sure what to do?
- Do you have a passion for farming and turning your piece of this wonderful earth into a food producing oasis?
- Do you own land or forest that you’re not quite sure how to manage?
- Do you raise or produce products that you would like to market and sell off your farm but you’re not sure how to make it successful?
If you’re asking yourself these questions, this conference is for you! Targeted to new and small farm owners, we cover topics like:
- Produce Production
- Natural Resources
- Specialty Crops
- Farm Management
- Miscellaneous Topics
You’ll also have the opportunity to browse a trade show featuring the newest and most innovated ideas and services for your farming operation. Talk with the vendors and network with your peers. If you are a new or small farm owner, you don’t want to miss the 2022 Small Farm Conference – Sowing Seeds for Success on March 12th from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Mansfield OSU Campus in Ovalwood Hall. The campus is just minutes from I-71 and US Rt 30.
Please visit: https://go.osu.edu/osufarmconference2022 for class and registration details or call OSU Extension Morrow County 419-947-1070.
Conference speaker presentation information: Small Farm Conference Brochure 2022 (003)
We appreciate their beauty as leaves change colors in the fall and their shade on a hot summer day. We look forward to their buds bursting open in spring. But trees do so much more for us every day.
– They give us clean air to breathe by absorbing carbon dioxide and expelling oxygen;
– they slow down raindrops to protect our soil from eroding;
– their roots loosen the compacted soil so stormwater soaks in;
– they help us save money on energy bills, and
– they increase our property values.
The tree species we offer change a little bit each year, but we strive to offer a diverse option of hardwoods, ornamentals, and shrubs.
Check out the tree selection for this year by downloading the hard copy order form and tree descriptions below.
2022 Tree Sale Order Form with Pictures on Back
The Auditor of State now requires all Soil & Water Conservation Districts to charge sales tax on products. Our catalog is not configured to remove the tax, so if you are tax exempt, please use the printed order form below and submit it directly to Soil & Water with your tax-exempt form.
You can submit your order via mail with a check or stop by our office between 8 am – 4:30 pm Mon – Fri. to pay with cash, check or credit card.
Please contact Information@LickingSWCD.com or 740-670-5330 if you have questions.
For more information click this link: 2022 Seedling Tree Sale