Beef Quality Assurance

OSU Extension continues to support the Beef Quality Assurance program.  Over 275 licking county beef producers have completed the certification in the past 3 years.  This certification expires 3 years from the date it was issued.  This means about 200 people in Licking County will need to recertify in 2021.  This certification not only shows your interest in providing the highest quality and safest product to consumers, it also allows you access to some markets that are not open to those without the certification.

While we hope to offer in person trainings in the future, current conditions are preventing the large gatherings we had at many of our certification meetings in the past.  Online certification can be completed for no charge and at your own pace.  I would encourage you to consider using this option before your current certification expires.  Online certification and recertification is available at https://www.bqa.org/beef-quality-assurance-certification/online-certifications.  You also have the option of completing a self evaluation worksheet for your beef operation and submitting the completed form to me.  At the current time I do not have in person BQA meetings scheduled but I hope to by spring.  Please contact me with any questions.

Dean Kreager 740-670-5315