Hello! In the next 30 days we have lots of things happening in Lawrence County 4-H!
Market Rabbit Tattooing is scheduled for tomorrow, June 11th, 8:00 – 10:00am. All 4-H members planning to exhibit Market Rabbits must bring their rabbits to the fairgrounds 4-H Shelter. Skillathon will also be offered during this time, study guide and all rules and regulations for market rabbits can be found here: Lawrence County Fair | Lawrence (osu.edu)
Nature Clinic is scheduled for Tuesday, June 14th, 5:00pm at the Road Side Shelter at Lake Vesuvius. All natural resource projects are invited to attend. This is sponsored by Wayne National Forest.
Lawrence County 4-H Dog Show is scheduled for Wednesday, June 15th at 6:00pm on the Courthouse Lawn. All Dog Obedience youth who have completed their training will be judged at this time.
4-H Project Judging Interview Registration All members taking a general 4-H project, must register for an interview by June 15. To do so:
Awards will be announced immediately following the project judging. All 1st place will then be entered into the Overall Project Winner competition. For more details about project judging, silent auction, overall winners, etc. please visit our Lawrence County 4-H Volunteer & Member Guidebook
Lawrence County Fair Queen & Princess Competition, Due June 17:
Beef Breeding & Market Feeder Housing Information: Due to the high number of members planning to exhibit at the county fair, these projects are given the option to house their animal at the fair for the week or bring in day of show. To help us plan, please complete this quick survey – Beef Breeding/Feeder Calf Housing
4-H Small Animal Showboxes, with the change in space this year – we will be allowing clubs to bring an approximately 4ft x 4ft x 2ft show box to be used by their 4-H club to keep their fair supplies in during the fair. These will be housed in the new rabbit & chicken barn.
“Girl Talk”, Commissioner Holliday and her team will be hosting Girl Talk again this year. All 13-18 year old girls are invited to sit down for a motivational, empowering conversation on Tuesday, July 12th at 11:00am. At 12:15, a few of our Teen Leaders will be hosting a session for our 8 – 12 year old girls. This event will be happening in the 4-H Breezeway (old rabbit/chicken barn). To help us plan, please complete this quick survey by July 1: Girl Talk RSVP
4-H Club Project Displays: Club advisors, don’t forget to please complete the club display registration form by July 1. Display Project Registration
Don’t forget, parade details can be found in the April newsletter and other details regarding the displays can be found in our guidebook.
4-H Showcase, 4-H members, advisors, and families are invited to attend the 4-H Showcase and Ice Cream Social on Friday, July 15th at 3:00pm. At this time, we will recognize the following:
- Style Show: All Clothing Project Members may model/showcase their project. Members will receive 5 bonus points toward their Overall Clothing Award score if they participate.
- Senior Salute & Scholarship Awards: All Lawrence 4-H Seniors will be recognized during the showcase, Senior Scholarship Winners will also awarded. The Ohio Valley Bank and Junior Fair Sale Scholarship winner will be announced at the Junior Fair Sale on Saturday, July 16.
- 4-H Overall Project Winners: 1st place winners from their category will be entered into the Overall Project Winner contest. An overall project winner for each category will be announced at the showcase.
- Auction Items Presented: All project members who were eligible to put a hand made item in the silent auction, will present their item to the winning bidder at the Showcase.
- Skillathon Awards: All junior and senior skillathon award winners will be announced at this time.
- Volunteer Recognition: All volunteers completing their 1st, 5th, 10th, …etc. will be recognized at the showcase. We will also be honoring our 4-H volunteers who were recognized at the Ohio 4-H Conference this year for their years of service.
4-H Cloverbud Parade & Interview, Cloverbuds are invited to participate in the Cloverbud Parade, this years theme is “Career Parade”. Cloverbuds are encouraged to dress up to represent what they want to be when they grow up. Once the walk through the parade, cloverbuds will have the opportunity to sit down for an interview sharing about the 4-H experience this year. Cloverbuds can bring a 1/2 sized poster board or small project to display their favorite thing about 4-H or something they learned.
Alumni T-Shirt Fundraiser, SV FFA and Lawrence 4-H are teaming up to sell t-shirts – to order visit: go.osu.edu/lawcoalumni
2022 Lawrence County Fair 4-H Schedule of Events with locations added can be found at 2022 Lawrence County Fair Schedule of Events (osu.edu)
4-H Club Advisor Pre-Fair Check-In, July 5, 8:30 – 4:30pm, One advisor from each club must check in to pick up fair passes and any other pre-fair necessities. Advisors must submit a club roster with meeting dates. To find your official club roster, log into oh.4honline.com click clubs, then using your club log in code, log in to view roster. Reminder: All members must attend 5 meetings to be eligible to exhibit at their project.
Ohio State Fair Registration:
- All Livestock exhibitors planning to show at the Ohio State Fair in the Junior Fair division must register through their website: Livestock Competitions (ohiostatefair.com)
- 4-H Project exhibition details will be given out at judging to all 1st place winners of state fair eligible projects. Registration must be received by Friday, July 15th at 4:30pm. After 4:30pm, opportunity is passed to the next placing. Deadline for state fair entry is July 25.
Looking for more information: please refer to the Lawrence County 4-H Volunteer & Member Guidebook and remember lots of news and details have already been shared in previous 2022 Newsletters. The guidebook can be found here: Lawrence County 4-H Volunteer & Member Guidebook and Newsletters can be found here: u.osu.edu/lawrence4H
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to us at 740-533-4322 or email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org