We are 25 days from the start of the 2023 Lawrence County Fair & we are so excited.
Taking a 4-H Project to the fair? Planning to participate in 4-H Club Beautification Projects? Wondering about rules & expectations? Please, please, please read the 4-H Guidebook and the Junior Fair Rules
Also be sure to download the 4-H Now App, in your phone’s App Store. Then search for Lawrence County 4-H! The APP is user friendly and has all of our most recent information, events, and registrations & more!
June 15th Deadline Day for the Following:
- 4-H Project Judging Interview Sign Ups
- Natural Resources, STEM, Animal Science Projects, Wednesday, July 12th at the Lawrence County Fair. Please rsvp by June 15 for your interview time at: Wednesday Judging RSVP
- Leadership & Citizenship, Creative Arts & Leisure, Money Management, Healthy Living, Home Living, Self-Determined Projects, Thursday, July 13th at the Lawrence County Fair. Please rsvp by June 15 for your interview time at: Thursday Judging RSVP
- Food & Clothing Projects will be judged pre-fair, June 22nd, 4:30 – 7:30pm at Resurrection Hope United Methodist Church in Ironton. Did you miss the June 1 interview registration deadline? Call the Extension Office, 740-533-4322 to reserve your spot. We will also take walk-in’s day of, but you will be worked in around rsvp’s!
- Breeding Animal Identification Form: All exhibitors planning to take a breeding project, non-market animal, to the fair – must complete their ID Form. Forms are due by June 15 and can be found at: Lawrence County Breeding ID Form
Lawrence County 4-H Dog Obedience Judging: Judging will take place this Thursday, June 15th at 6:30pm at the Lawrence County Courthouse Lawn.
Lawrence County Ohio Fair Pageants Applications are due June 16th! Applications are available on our App – under Junior Fair Information! Questions should be directed to Jessi Newman, Pageant Advisor.
Lawrence County 4-H Horse Clinic: The Horse Clinic has been rescheduled for June 23rd, at LCHA, 6:30pm – must be a registered Lawrence County 4-H Horse Member to participate!
The Lawrence County 4-H Junior Fair Schedule is ready & available, check it out here. Ready to start planning for some of the Fair events:
- Livestock Skillathon, Saturday – July 8th from 1:00 – 5:00pm. We have updated the study guide to offer some more detailed guidance – please visit: Lawrence County 4-H Skillathon Study to prepare! This is mandatory for all livestock exhibitors! To help with organization, we ask members to report at the following times:
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Andis Cornhuskers, Arabia All-Stars, Backroad Haybalers, Barnbusters, Copperheads
- 1:30 – 2:00pm: Country Cousins & Kids, Decatur Buckles & Boots, Dog Fork Haymakers, Farm Buddies
- 2:00 – 2:30pm: Farm Hands, Five-Mile Frontiersmen, FFA, Getaway Go-Getters
- 2:30 – 3:00pm: Gingham & Denim, Greasy Ridge Gang
- 3:00 – 3:30pm: Hilltop Crops & Critters, Kitts Hill Willing Workers, Lawrence County Scottown Farmer & Farmerettes
- 4:00 – 4:30pm: Over Yonder, Power Ranchers, Rabbiteers
- 4:30 – 5:00pm: Ranch Hands, Rome Guys & Gals, Silver Spurs, Starlite, Teen Leaders 4-H Club, The Country Clan
- 4-H Club Booth, Beautification, Parade Sign Up: Club Advisors, please sign up by July 1: Club Sign Up Form. The theme this year is 4-H and Me in 2023!
- The Ohio 4-H Mobile Design Lab Bus will be visiting on Thursday, July 13th, 2:00 – 5:00pm with special activities for our youth interested in STEM! Please make plans to stop by!
- 4-H Free Ride & Lunch Day will be Thursday, July 13th from 11:00 – 2:00pm. 4-H members – plan ahead to join us on Thursday from 11:00 – 2:00pm! The Lawrence County Senior Fairboard has scheduled the rides to be open to 4-H members only! Also, Judge Christen Finley & Commissioner Mike Finley will be sponsoring a 4-H pizza party for members during this time! 4-H Ride & lunch passes will be distributed to 4-H Club Advisors at Pre-Fair Check-In. 4-H arm bands must be on to ride & receive lunch!
- Spice of Life 4-H Livestock Costume Contest, Thursday, July 13th at 5:30pm: 4-H Livestock Members – grab your 4-H & FFA livestock animal being exhibited at the junior fair & dress up for a costume contest! Spice of Life will be awarding the Top 3 Overall with cash prizes! Come join in on the fun – all species are welcome!
- 4-H Showcase & Cookie Celebration, Friday, July 14th, 3:00pm: we will be doing our 4-H Showcase and are asking each club to bring 2 dozen cookies to contribute to the celebration! You may drop off in the Extension Office or 4-H Expo Center anytime during the week! During the showcase we will be recognizing the style show, scholarship winners, overall project winners, volunteer years of service, skillathon awards, our 4-H seniors, present the Silent auction items! Volunteers: if you are being recognized this year for a special year of service – you will be receiving a personal invite in the mail this week!
- 4-H Cloverbud Events:
- Sunday, July 9th – Cloverbud Rodeo & Barn Tour, Large Animal Barn at 1:00pm
- Tuesday, July 11th – Cloverbud Show & Tell Parade & Interviews, Large Animal Barn at 1:00pm, Interviews at 2:00pm – Cloverbud’s bring a favorite item from home you want to share with others – this could be your favorite stuffed animal, something representing your favorite hobby, an activity or craft you did at a 4-H event, whatever you wish – be creative! However, no live animals are not permitted.
- Thursday, July 13th – Cloverbud Carnival at the 4-H Shelter, 1:00pm
- Cloverbud Corner – Inside the Breezeway we will have a Cloverbud Corner, if you would like to display a 1/2 sized poster or a small item representing something you learned or experienced during the 4-H year, you may do so in the 4-H Breezeway. Items will be collected immediately following the Cloverbud Interviews until 4:00pm. They will be displayed until Saturday, July 15th. Please pick up your items on Saturday if you wish to keep them!
- 4-H Club Pre-Fair Check-In: Tuesday, June 27th, 8:00 – 4:30pm. Advisors – please plan to stop by and pick up your passes! Rosters with meeting attendance must be turned in to receive passes. Members must have completed their 5 meeting requirement by July 1 to recieve their pass.