Welcome to our monthly Newsletter! We have lots of important information to share:
Lawrence 4-H Enrollment Deadline: We are a little over a month away from the Lawrence County 4-H enrollment deadline for Junior Fair participation! Enrollments are coming in quickly & we are so thankful members are not waiting until the last minute! Join them in getting your enrollment in before the March 15th deadline by visiting oh.4honline.com – remember all 4-H members and volunteers must enroll every year. Need help finding a project, visit ohio4h.org/familyguide. We also have copies available at our office! 4-H Volunteers – your enrollment will not be accepted until you have completed your yearly 4-H training!
Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp Counselor Applications: Last call! Youth interested in counseling at our 4-H Camp this summer, June 5th – 8th, must complete their application by tomorrow, February 1st. Applications can be found at go.osu.edu/alpcounselorapp
Lawrence County 4-H Senior Scholarship Applications: We are excited to announce the Lawrence County 4-H Senior Scholarship Application is now available! Please note, the deadline for applications has changed to March 20th! With this deadline change, comes opportunity: by completing this one application – Lawrence County 4-H Seniors will be eligible for 1 of our Lawrence County 4-H Committee Scholarships, as well as be considered for the Ohio Valley Bank Scholarship! For more information and the application, please click: Lawrence County 4-H Scholarship
2023 Lawrence County Livestock Show Schedule: The 2023 Lawrence County Junior Fair Livestock Schedule has been released! Please look it over carefully, as there have been a few changes! For example, the Market Chicken show has been moved to Tuesday morning and the Market Lamb Show has been moved to Monday evening. Please visit to view the Livestock Schedule: 2023 Lawrence County Fair Schedule of Events (osu.edu)
2023 Quality Assurance: All youth exhibiting a Livestock project must complete Quality Assurance.
- A few county-wide Zoom trainings are still available:
- February 23, 5:00pm, ZOOM click QA registration to register for your space.
- March 23, 5:00pm, ZOOM click QA registration to register for your space.
- Lawrence County 4-H Club Based Quality Assurance Training – 4-H Club advisors interested in providing quality assurance within their club must become a Quality Assurance Assistant Instructor. Lawrence County QA Assistant Instructor Training date is February 28th at the Volunteer Training.
- **Youth – if you are planning on this option – please be sure to check with your club advisor to make sure it will be offered in your club! Clubs are not required to provide this option.
- YQCA Online Training – on your own pace, in your own space by registering through YQCA.org. Cost is $12.00 and youth must register for their Quality Assurance Age Option. Exhibitors must be enrolled in the oh.4honline.com system prior to yearly completion & complete between November 1, 2022 and May 1, 2023; certificates of completion must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on registration, visit YQCA Online Training
- Quality Assurance Test-Out Option (12 years and older): Lawrence County 4-H Members who would like to take the Quality Assurance Test to test-out of QA training must set up an appointment by calling 740-533-4322 or emailing email@example.com; test out scheduling begins in January of 4-H year. If you have taken the 12-14 year old test and are now 4-H age – 15, you must re-test or complete the yearly training! Please contact our office to check on your test-out status if you are unsure!
Ohio 4-H Conference: The Ohio 4-H Conference takes place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center on March 11th.
The Ohio 4-H Conference is the largest gathering of 4-H volunteers in the United States! Nearly 1,200 teen and adult volunteers participate each year. The Ohio 4-H Conference is designed to equip participants with resources, information, and skills to meet the ever-changing needs of youth. Attendees have the opportunity to receive training in more than 125 different topics such as career exploration, risk management, camping, leadership, cake decorating, dancing, animal sciences, and much more.
In addition to the educational sessions, the day features the Ohio 4-H Volunteer Recognition Luncheon highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of volunteers. The teens (age 13 and older) have a luncheon where they recognize their peers and often features a keynote speaker.
Click here for additional Conference information and registration materials.
Ohio 4-H Animal Science Learning Opportunity: All About Sheep & Goats – Zoom Webinars beginning this Thursday, February 2nd, 6:00pm. This weeks session will be on Small Ruminant Nutrition, click this connection link to attend: Launch Meeting – Zoom, password: 945126 – Each week, a few days prior to the webinar – connection information will be shared on the Ohio State – 4-H Animal Sciences facebook!
4-H Club and Volunteer Update: Organizational club leaders, don’t forget – today, January 31st is the deadline to submit your financial documents for 2022! Forms can be found: Lawrence County 4-H Club Advisor Resources | Lawrence (osu.edu)
Also continue to hold the date, February 28th, 6:00pm at Collins Career Center for our annual in-person Volunteer Training! Volunteers will receive more information via email closer to date! We will release a recorded training option March 1st to be completed by March 15th!
Check out our website at lawrence.osu.edu or our facebook @lawrence4h or more information! Live now on facebook is a vote for our 2023 Theme – please feel free to comment on this blog for your choice:
- 4-H & Me in 2023
- Find Your Path in 4-H
- 4-H: Check Us Out!
Questions? Please feel free to contact our office at 740-533-4322 or email Rachael at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Lawrence County 4-H News, February 2023”
I like option 1 or 2