Hello Lawrence County 4-H’ers! April was such a busy month full of deadlines, tag-ins, etc. and we just want to say thank you! Each of you worked hard to get necessary paperwork turned in, trainings completed, along with attending club meetings and events on top of everything else going on in your busy lives & we truly appreciate your dedication!
What are 4-H’ers in Lawrence County doing this month county-wide:
- Signing up for 4-H Camp!
- Attending 4-H Clinics, open to anyone interested in the project area
- Youth enrolled in Breeding/Non-Market Projects are completing their ID Forms, due June 1
- Forms can be found: 4-H Project Forms | Lawrence (osu.edu)
- Studying for Skillathon
- Picking up Market Chickens: All 4-H Market Chicken exhibitors should be preparing to pick up their chicken orders, May 25-27. Families will be called the day of arrival, chickens are expected to be picked up by 4:30pm at the Extension Office.
Also quickly approaching is the Junior Fair Queen & Princess Contest, Due June 17:
Food & Clothing Judging Date has been scheduled: All food and clothing judging projects will be judged pre-fair on June 28th at Resurrection Hope United Methodist Church. Schedule and interview rsvp will be sent to members in the next few weeks!
Market Rabbit Tattoo Date is scheduled for June 11, 8:00 – 10:00am.
South Central Ohio Horse Clinic is scheduled for June 10-12th, registration is being emailed today to all eligible members.
A few notes for our 4-H Club Leaders…
- Club meetings are in full swing and I hope going well! If you need any resources to provide activities, have questions, want us or a teen leader/camp ambassador to come visit – please let me know!
- As you are having your club meetings – please be sure to keep a club roster with meeting dates attended. 4-H Members must attend 5 meeting by July 1 to be eligible to exhibit, show, and sell at the county fair. Rosters will be turned in at our July 5 pass pick up day.
- Club Display Registration is open and due by July 1 – Registration found here