It’s starting to feel like 2022 4-H is here! I see regular posts of 4-H clubs meeting and it excites me for what’s to come this year! 4-H is about belonging, 4-H is about mastery, independence, and generosity. I hope each 4-H club offers these opportunities to help our members thrive!
Enroll today by visiting: oh.4honline.com All members and volunteers must be enrolled by March 15th for Lawrence County Fair participation and exhibition!
One way to help 4-H members succeed is to give them plenty of time to work on their 4-H project books:
- Place a 4-H Club Bulk Order with our office: Club Order Form
- Order individually by calling or emailing our office to check inventory and arrange pick-up: 740-533-4322
- Order online: Extension Publication Website
Orders are available at a discounted rate through our office, prices can be found on the club order form. The Extension Publication individual orders do not offer the discount, however you can get free shipping FREE22 on orders over $20.
Need help selecting a 4-H Project, check out the 2022 Ohio 4-H Family Guide
In-Person Volunteer Training Quickly Approaching: February 15th at SV Public Library
February 15th at Symmes Valley Public Library, located in the SV Elementary School, at 6:00pm 4-H volunteers are invited to complete their 4-H Volunteer Training requirement! If you have yet to complete your volunteer training and would prefer an in-person option, this is your opportunity! We will be covering Quality Assurance in Your Club, Finding Your Spark, Club Essentials, and Protecting Our Minors. Please RSVP by clicking RSVP now!
Other 4-H Volunteer Virtual Option Details can be found: 2022 Lawrence County 4-H Volunteer Training Requirements | Lawrence County 4-H (osu.edu)
4-H Volunteer Trainings must be completed by all volunteers by March 15th.
Ohio 4-H Volunteer Conference, March 12th is another great opportunity to learn and network with volunteers across the state, as well as complete the volunteer training requirement, for more details visit: Ohio 4-H Conference | Ohio 4-H Youth Development (ohio4h.org) Deadline to register is February 11th.
Lawrence County 4-H Senior Scholarship Opportunities:
Graduating Seniors and/or last year 4-H members are invited to apply for the following Scholarship Opportunities, visit the applications by clicking the titles below:
Deadline to apply is April 15, 2022
2022 Lawrence County 4-H Theme: All 4-H club volunteers and members are welcome to vote on the 2022 Lawrence County 4-H Theme: Vote here! Voting ends February 14th.
Lawrence County 4-H Quality Assurance – Lawrence County 4-H youth planning to exhibit a livestock project at the 2022 Lawrence County Fair must complete Quality Assurance. Quality Assurance must be complete by May 1st to be eligible for Lawrence County Junior Fair exhibition.
- Lawrence County 4-H Virtual Quality Assurance Training
- YQCA Online Training – on your own pace, in your own space by registering through YQCA.org. Cost is $12.00 and youth must register for their Quality Assurance Age Option. The test-out option is not permitted for Ohio QA completion. Exhibitors must be enrolled in the oh.4honline.com system prior to yearly completion & complete between November 1, 2021 and May 1, 2022; certificates of completion must be sent to email@example.com. For more information on registration, visit YQCA Online Training
- Quality Assurance Test-Out Option (12 years and older): Lawrence County 4-H Members who would like to take the Quality Assurance Test to test-out of QA training can test out February 28th, 3:00 -6:00pm at the Extension Office or call to set up an appointment by calling 740-533-4322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clubs may offer QA in their club, but must be trained at the February 15th volunteer training to offer it in their club. RSVP for the training by clicking RSVP now!
Lawrence County Junior Fair Goat and Lamb Pens: A need for new goat and lamb pens at the county fair has been expressed. We are working with the Senior Fairboard to determine if we can make that happen – your input is requested, please take the Goat & Lamb Pen Survey
Lawrence County 4-H Resources: We know as 4-H families and volunteers there can be lots to keep up with, please make sure you are using our resources to help guide you along the way and always feel free to ask questions, give ideas, express concerns! We’re ready to listen and help!
By clicking: Lawrence County 4-H Volunteer & Member Guidebook you can visit our resource we tried to create as a one stop shop for all your 4-H needs to help make your 4-H year and prep for exhibition successful!
By clicking:Lawrence County Junior Fair you can visit our junior fair tab where we post rules, Quality Assurance options, Skillathon Information, Club Beautification Sign Up and much more as it relates to Junior Fair.