We are one month from Fair time! We hope everyone is enjoying their 4-H Club experience and working hard on their 4-H projects. As we begin preparing for the fair, we wanted to share some important updates regarding project judging and other events coming up:
Lawrence County Fair Theme: Lawrence County 4-H Can Do Virtually Anything Together
June 12th, 8:00-10:00AM, Lawrence County Fairgrounds.
4-H Project Judging
Lawrence County 4-H Clothing & Food Projects, Judging: Tuesday, June 29th at 4:00pm, Register by June 11 at go.osu.edu/2021foodandclothingjudging
Lawrence County 4-H Shooting Sports Projects, Judging: Sunday, July 11th at 2:00pm, Register by July 1 at go.osu.edu/2021ssprojectjudging
Lawrence County 4-H Natural Resources, STEM, Animal Science Projects, Judging: Wednesday, July 14th at 2:00pm, Register by July 1, at go.osu.edu/2021wednesdayprojectjudging
Lawrence County 4-H About 4-H, Communication, Creative Arts, Home Living, Healthy Living, Leadership & Citizenship, Money Management & Self Determined Projects, Judging: Thursday, July 15th at 2:00pm, Register by July 1 at go.osu.edu/2021thursdayprojectjudging
For a full detailed project judging list, with a breakdown of project titles listed under each project area with date of judging, visit: Detailed Project Judging List
There will be space in the 4-H project building to display your projects after your judging. Many of the 1st place projects are eligible to participate in our Silent Auction on Friday, July 16th. For information on what to bring to 4-H project judging and if your project is eligible for the silent auction view your project’s fact sheet here: Lawrence County 4-H Project Information | Lawrence (osu.edu)
Winners for each project will be announced at their 4-H project judging. Each 1st place will then be entered into the Overall 4-H Project Winner competition that will be announced at Friday’s 4-H Showcase, Friday, July 16th.
Ohio State Fair
Livestock Entries are due June 20th
All other projects: 1st place winners will receive information about the sate fair during their designated project judging.
4-H Project Clinics
Nature Project Clinic, June 10th at 5:00pm, the Iron Furnace Shelter at Vesuvius
Cooking Project Clinic, June 17th at 1:00pm, reserve your spot by June 14 at: go.osu.edu/lawco4hcooking
Wood Working Project Clinic, June 21 at 5:30pm, reserve your spot by June 14 at go.osu.edu/lawco4hwoodworking
4-H Club Beatification Exhibits
Is your club interested in exhibiting a booth display, picnic table, trash can, flower pot, beautification display or participating in the parade? Complete this 2021 Beautification Sign Up Survey by July 1.
- Club Booth Displays: Clubs may display a 3ft table space area of membership,
community service, and club activities, etc. using a tri-fold/poster display. Clubs may use
from the ground up in the 3 ft space( ½ table) for the display. Clubs are not limited to
the table top. Cloverbud’s must be displayed within this space or in the project exhibit
area of the building. Clubs must stay in designated area.
- Picnic Tables – should be 6 ft. Picnic tables can be left at the fairgrounds or taken home
after fair. We would like to use the picnic tables in and around the 4-H building for
games and activities.
- Trash cans should be at least 30 gallon or larger and can be left at the fair or taken back
- Flower pots can be round or square and must be 20’’ in diameter or larger. Rectangle
flower pots must be at least 20’’ in length or larger. All flower pots should be removed
from the fairgrounds when all other exhibits are released from the fair.
- Welcome beautification display should be a 6×6 area.
All booths and displays are dismissed the last Saturday of the fair.
- 4-H Cloverbud Fun Event on Monday, June 28th from 6:00-8:00pm at the Extension Office. We will be exploring many of the 4-H project areas. To help us plan, please register by June 21 at go.osu.edu/lawco4hcloverbudfun
- Cloverbud Interviews/Rodeo/Carnival twice:
- Monday, July 12th at 1:00pm
- Tuesday, July 13th at 1:00pm
Cloverbuds can choose which day works best for their schedule. Volunteers will lead group rotations, Cloverbuds will start by signing up at the 4-H shelter.
- Cloverbud Corner is a place to exhibit your ½ sized poster or small craft or item to display of your favorite 4-H club/community service activity. Please bring these with you to the Cloverbud interviews. Items can then be put in the Cloverbud Corner display after your interview for the remainder of the week.
- Cloverbud Pet Potato Parade is scheduled for Thursday, July 15th, sign ups at 6:00pm in the 4-H shelther, parade at 6:30pm. Bring a decorated pet potato (cat, dog, cow, horse, lizard, snake, unicorn, etc). Be creative! Cloverbuds will be asked to introduce themselves and their pet during the parade.
2021 Lawrence County Fair Schedule
The 2021 Lawrence County 4-H & FFA Events Schedule can be found at 2021 Lawrence County Fair Schedule of Events (osu.edu)
A few items to note:
- Skillathon will be offered multiple days, exhibitors of any specie can come on the date that works best for them to participate in the electronic skillathon.
- Market Feeder, Beef Breeding, and Market Steer show has been moved to the same day, Wednesday, July 14th.
- Lawrence County 4-H Horse Show has been scheduled for Friday, July 9th at 6:00pm at LCHA.
In place of our Barn Meeting, the Lawrence County Junior Fairboard has shared their Top 10 tips on a successful fair week, we encourage every 4-H member to take a minute to watch this video:
All rules can be found at: 2021 Junior Fair Rules and Regulations_0.pdf (osu.edu)
Fair Pageant Information
Fair Queen, Princess, and Little Miss Information can be found at Lawrence County Fair | Lawrence (osu.edu)
On July 1st, our office will be open 8:00 – 6:00pm to pick up your fair passes. Please bring a copy of your club roster with meeting attendance. Club members must attend 5 meetings and complete their 4-H project book to receive their fair pass.
If you are planning to exhibit a breeding or non-livestock project and have not yet submitted your Non-Livestock/Breeding Form please complete and submit to our office by July 1. 4-H Project Forms | Lawrence (osu.edu)
Buyer Invites & Thank Yous
Now is the perfect time to invite 4-H & FFA supporters to the county fair to watch our many events, as well as to our livestock sale on Saturday, July 17th. We also ask all 2019 exhibitors, to express thanks to their buyers by hanging a thank you poster above your pen. All 1st year exhibitors are ask to welcome or thank buyers! Posters are judged on originality, artistic ability and creativity.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 740-533-4322 or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org