Year in Review

I came into my sophomore year at Ohio State with not only a better idea of who I wanted to surround myself with, but who I wanted to be. After joining a fraternity and joining the Business Scholars Leadership Council, I felt that I was involved as a leader on campus, and I wanted to build upon that to build as many connections as possible. I was excited to meet even more people as I moved off campus and sought out different clubs to get involved in. My coursework definitely piled up, as I was starting to get into primarily Fisher classes, and finishing my general education requirements. I had to work twice as hard to maintain a steady GPA, and the library became a close friend as well as an arch nemesis.

After serving on the executive board for Business Scholars and quickly becoming immersed in Greek life on campus, I decided to explore what else was out there for me at Ohio State. I was elected Vice President of Recruitment for my chapter, and became a peer coach for Scarlet & Gray Financial at the student health center. These two positions helped me to develop as a better public speaker, as I hold weekly meetings as a vice president and constantly meet with clients for SGF. I thoroughly enjoy being someone that people on campus can turn to in times of financial need and learning from fellow coaches as to how to make the most out of each appointment.

Having a lot of face-to-face interaction with people I don’t exactly know this semester, I’ve gained the confidence I need to truly success in an ever-changing and always demanding business world. These skills are highly transferrable to client relations, leading meetings, and making good first impressions. The friends I’ve made through the business scholars program continue to be by my side everyday, and they push me to make the most of my college experience with the two short years we have left. I look forward to where the rest of my college journey will take me, and I’ll always be grateful for being a part of business scholars.