Scholars Journal #1

When I initially arrived on the Ohio State campus for move-in day, it was a slightly chaotic experience, with long lines of cars and a large amount of people walking around. Welcome week offered a smooth transition onto campus, giving helpful information about life on campus and life in Columbus. The classes that I am taking are similar to what my expectations were, however are extremely different from what I was used to in high school.

I feel that I have had a smooth transition, and have adjusted considerably easier than I expected. My life on campus is definitely different that what I experienced at home as a high school student. There is more variety to my days, as I am not inside school for seven hours a day 5 days a week with the same classes every day. I enjoy being able to take classes on subjects that I’m interested in and passionate about, and not having to fulfill a specific and uniform curriculum like I did when I was in high school. Because my hometown is 10 minutes away from campus, I feel like my transition has been easier than people who aren’t familiar with Columbus. Overall, college has exceeded my expectations, and I am enjoying the new and exciting experiences that OSU has to offer.