Hi, I’m Anirudha Koppaka and I’m a freshman in the STEM Explorations and Engagement Scholars studying Neuroscience on a Pre-Med track in the class of 2023. I grew up in Powell which is around 20 minutes away from Columbus which greatly affected my choice of going here because it was so close to home that it was convenient for me to go home and see my family. I chose Neuroscience as my major with Pre-Med because I think studying the brain is really interesting and I eventually want to teach medicine in a neuroscience-specific path to other college students in the future. In my free time, I like to watch a lot of movies, play the piano, ride my bike, listen to music, and hang out with my friends. Back home, I went to Olentangy Liberty High School and participated in many clubs like Integration Bee, Science Olympiad, Track and Field, Philosophy Club and others. Me being in so many clubs in high school is one of the reasons I’m so eager to join many student organizations. Being part of so many clubs allowed me to develop my interest in medicine and also teaching because I used to tutor people back in high school. Hopefully in the future, I want to become an M.D.P.h.D and teach at the Ohio State University or another prestigious college of medicine and make a lasting impact on many other people wishing to pursue neuroscience and/or medicine.