2nd Year in Review

I had another incredible year at The Ohio State University.

This year was full of new challenges that college students had to face. We had to start learning in an entirely online environment in the middle of  global pandemic. Aside from these obstacles, I still had to face the sophomore year premed curriculum. While taking 16 credit hours in the fall semester and 17 credit hours in the spring semester, I was as busy as ever with my schoolwork.

Despite all of the various challenges throughout the school year, I was still able to thrive academically and professionally. During spring semester, I worked as a student ambassador at Traditions at Kennedy and volunteered at the All People’s Fresh Food Market. I really enjoyed volunteering at the Fresh Food Market, for it allowed me to help and hopefully make an impact on a large amount of people during such pressing times. During times like this, it is so important that we are there for one another in anyway possible, so it meant the world to me that I was able to lend my time and help to others.

Academically, I made the Dean’s list every semester while also being involved in several extracurriculars. I was promoted to Buckeyethon Executive Team Captain this year as well, which is something I am extremely excited about! I love Buckeyethon and everything it stands for, and it is an honor to be so involved in such an amazing organization. I have also made so many amazing friends during my experiences in Buckeyethon, some of which I think will be lifelong friendships.

All things considered, I had such an amazing semester and feel as though I grew so much more as an individual than I ever could have imagined. I had to figure out how to learn in an online environment for the very first time while also trying to keep myself and those around me safe and healthy. Life is full of challenges, and this academic year proved that to be true. It is how we handle these challenges that make us who we are. I cannot wait to see what my junior year of college has in store for me!