Scholars Service Event

A Scholars event in which I have attended this semester was Steps for Sarcoma! I volunteered to work the race route for this amazing, annual walk to raise money for those fighting Sarcoma. My job was to encourage the walkers to keep going during the race. We were given many different noise-making devices to just be as loud and encouraging as possible. I enjoyed every second of this experience because I thought it was so fun fun to be able to engage with the participants and to see the smile on their faces as we pushed them to keep going.

I learned quite a few different things from this experience, but I would have to say that the most prominent lesson I learned was to always keep pushing. The individuals who participated in this walk were sick themselves, or were supporting a family member who was ill, and I just thought it was such a heartwarming experience to see them out enjoying themselves while they are going through so much. They took the time out of their busy schedules to come together and spend time with their loved ones for a good cause. I will forever be grateful for the life I live and that I am given the opportunity to experiences so many amazing things here at the Ohio State University. I will continue to serve my community in any way possible.