OCTOBER 11, 2018 · 11:05 AM
Since significant changes were made to Ohio’s Line Fence Law in 2008, landowners have contacted us with a variety of questions about how it works. We have compiled many of the frequently asked questions in our new law bulletin, appropriately titled Ohio’s Line Fence Law: Frequently Asked Questions. The law bulletin answers questions like:
- Who has to pay for a new line fence?
- Can I stop my neighbor from installing a new line fence?
- Who has to pay for maintenance and upkeep of a line fence?
- What is the role of the township trustees?
- What happens when my neighbor and I disagree?
The new law bulletin is available here. If you still have some questions about Ohio’s line fence law, check out the Line Fence Law section of our Ag Law Library here, including our more in-depth fact sheet and our explanation about line fence affidavits.