Spring Project

I am enrolled in the Honors and Scholars program at the Ohio State University, as you dear reader may know. On top of this I am carrying sixteen, credit hours, an internship and a part time job. I am very busy, which is unfortunate because all of this leaves me little time to be a normal human with normal human interests. However, this Spring Project gives my an opportunity to explore new hobbies and learn a new skill.   

Throughout all of High School and Middle School I enjoyed playing tennis, and was fortunate enough to be the captain of my varsity team two years in a row. While I did love tennis I often wondered about a sport that would require an even greater reservoir of skill, and even faster reflexes. I was and still am a huge fan of Star Wars (this is related) and often as a kid would violently swing a blue lightsaber around breaking valuable things in the house. This project gives me the chance to marry these two loves into the competitive sport of fencing.

The sport has three types of play depending on which sword you use (foil, épée, or saber) and each type has different rules. While I am uncertain about the type of fencing I will take up I look forward to a return to competitive sports and to mastering my inner jedi.