Artifacts

My first Artifact is my research paper I completed for my 19th Century Women Authors Class. I spend hours and hours tediously working on it til I was completely satisfied with the final draft. The paper is a eight-nine page long analysis of a work done by whichever author you received. I was given Emily Dickinson, and I researched an analyzed one her poems “After great pain”. I chose this as an artifact because I learned more about myself as a writer during this paper more so than any other piece of writing I’ve done. Although it is poem analysis and research, I truly discovered talents and weaknesses I possess, which I have never known before.

My second Artifact is my Scholar’s Program, Advocates for Children and Education, Film Project. My group studied a film called “Bully”, which is a very eye-opening and insightful documentary over the horrors and injustices of the bullying problem here in the United States. Watching the film and being able to present on such an important issue really made me feel like an advocate for a good cause as well as experience some tragic, yet true stories of young kids throughout the country.

The third Artifact deals with my new organization, Student-Alumni Council, specifically New Member Retreat (NMR). During NMR, thirty fresh new members got together and were forced to mingle and get to know eachother. No one knew more than one or two people in the New Member Class, so this experience was frightening for all of us. However, twelve hours later, we all came out of it knowing more about each other than we know about some of our closest friends.