About Me

Hi there! My name is London Klucas. I am a first year at The Ohio State University studying Business and English. In order to give you a better understanding of myself and my background, I will first talk about my high school years.

My whole life I have always loved basketball. Every since I was a tiny little toddler, I would practice on my Fisher Price basketball hoop. I played all throughout grade school and junior high. When it came time for high school, however, I didn’t even make it past first cuts. Whether it was because I was 5’7, roughly 110lbs, or I just wasn’t good, I’m not sure. I then had to invest my time in something else. I took up tennis, joined Student Council, played on the Quizbowl team, and participated in Spanish Club. I dedicated a lot of time to academics as well. I was a member of the Regent’s Scholars Program, National Honor Society, and graduated top ten percent in my class. In addition, I did various service projects such as working in Blue Nest’s Soup Kitchen, which I still to today, and volunteering at the Sunshine Farm’s horseback riding camp, where I walked alongside special needs children while they rode horses. My high school career was very involved and enjoyable. I discovered my love for reading and writing, new interests such as tennis and student council, and all the while making hopefully life-long friends along the way.

Heading into college I worried about getting involved and making friends, as many freshman do. Going from numerous clubs and activities to a fresh start was scary and pressuring. Eventually, I landed myself in an info meeting about Student-Alumni Council. A month later, I was accepted and found my organization that I can dedicate my time to, as well as meet new friends. I also had my Scholar’s Program, Advocates for Children and Education (ACES), which introduced me to new people and enlightened me in the world of learning and community service. In addition, I walked into my first Creative Writing Club meeting, and discovered a new outlet for me to pursue my writing.

As a student here at OSU, my goal is not simply to graduate with my Business and English degrees. I plan on expanding my writing skills and increase my knowledge in the financial and business aspect of life. My goal is to start my own publishing company (the name has not yet been determined), and make a genuine difference in the world of literature.

FullSizeRender