Biography

Kayla Walls is a third-year student majoring in Agriscience Education and minoring in Production Agriculture at The Ohio State University. She is from Mendon, Ohio. Kayla serves as a College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) Student Ambassador and works as a Student Assistant in the CFAES Education Abroad Office. In early 2017, Kayla traveled to Brazil for a six-week education abroad program and will spend May of 2018 in Ghana.

Why I decided to pursue Global Option

I chose to pursue the Global Option because of my interest and passion for traveling abroad. The CFAES Global Option provides a unique opportunity to reflect upon and pull various international experiences and ideas into a central location. It also allows me to build my global mindset by surrounding myself with and learning from individuals that have their own global experiences.

My Goal for Global Options

My main objective for the Global Option is to continue expanding my global mindset. I will achieve this goal by building upon the foundation I formed during my first international experience. According to Mansour Javidan’s article titled “Bringing the Global Mindset to Leadership” published in theĀ Harvard Business Review, a global mindset requires intellectual, psychological, and social capital. A strong mental capacity, passion for making a difference, andĀ  the ability to form interpersonal connections combine to form the perfect recipe in producing a global mindset.

Growing my global mindset will make me a better citizen, leader, and overall person as I continue developing my personal life and professional career. Thanks to the Global Option, I have the opportunity to do just that.

Javidan, M. (2014, July 23). Bringing the Global Mindset to Leadership. Retrieved February 21, 2018, from https://hbr.org/2010/05/bringing-the-global-mindset-to.html