Kappa Delta Rho supporting Alpha Gamma Delta’s nighttime nacho fundraiser for fighting against hunger. Me (dressed up as the AGD mascot) with my sisters and a couple of KDR members.

Alpha Gamma Delta has an event called nighttime nachos every semester. It is my sorority’s main event that helps us raise at least $3,000 for our philanthropy. We host it at our chapter house and sell nachos, cookies, and other things to members of the community from 2pm-2am. Since I am really young, my assigned shift was the last shift of the night. But I came two hours earlier so I could help sell at the event. Ever since I was in high school, I have been an avid volunteer. Doing community service and raising money for a good cause always feels rewarding. Participating in this event not only helped me understand AGD’s philanthropy but seeing how much we raised made me feel very ecstatic for the amount of people supporting good causes in order to make a difference. This was my first philanthropy event and the sorority made it enjoyable for everyone while obtaining the fundraising goal for the event.