The first semester and who I am now

This first semester has been some of the greatest time of my life. The independence and responsibility has been a challenge, but without the opportunity to be challenged the opportunity to improve doesn’t exist. Getting involved in the pre-med club to get some front row insight on what is waiting for me if med school is my next step, and joining the boxing club got me involved on campus while also improving myself preparedness for the time demands of a full life. My classes have challenged me in ways I didn’t expect, and have made me much more apprehensive on taking my education seriously. However another important program affecting my experience so far has been the Biological Sciences scholars, and the work they do for students and the campus as a whole. Prioritizing our education while also exposing us to help for growing our career in school and as a part of the scientific community. In addition to all these great things, the scholars program has given me the ability to make some of the most influential friendships that I have ever made, and hope to continue to build as we continue to grow and study.