I am very interested in studying abroad at least once during my academic career, as I’m not only interested in travel but the general culture and history of several European an Latin-american countries. The most notable of which being Spain and Italy, both of which I would love to study at for a summer semester and am openly seeking opportunities to do such. The most enticing opportunity currently is an option to study at the biological sciences college in Spain, which focused on research and development. However with such a thriving campus, my interests here match my interests abroad and over seas.

As a student with a string interest in pursuing a future in scientific, medical, and technical fields, research is something I’m very excited about. With such a wide berth of research opportunities available at OSU, it is hard to pin down one lab to do research in. Being interested in a future career in nanotechnology, my current goal is to get into a research situation that has something to do with the development, design, or implementation of nanotechnology. Hopefully these will enrich my current academic career and curriculum.  As as BME major with a heavy interest in nanotechnology, I am sure that increasingly advanced math, biology, chemistry, and branches of computer technology are definitely in my future.

As a affluent scholar, it is hard not to act as a leader in a traditional learning environment, and I always offer my assistance to others in their studies when I am able. With my multiple clubs, the list of which will evolve as I become a more established student and individual, will offer leadership roles as my position in those organizations becomes more instated. While I have yet to partake in any service activities yet, I am excited to become more involved and influential in my community as opportunities to give back continue to present themselves. With the scholars organization’s I am currently enrolled in help, I am sure more than my fair share of service opportunities will be under my belt by the time I become a functional member of the working world.