Artifacts

Artifact #1

One experience that explains who I am as a person is the senior dance recital I had in June of  2018. First, it was a way that I got to connect with my culture and learn about my roots. The year of work that I put in before the recital taught me the importance of perseverance, time management, and how to overcome hardships without giving up. This really shaped who I am today because now I know how to prioritize what is important to me and stay determined to reach my goals. This experience as a whole as influenced my work ethic and brought me closer to my culture by helping me understand the values behind it on a deeper level.

Artifact #2

An experience this semester that has contributed to who I am is when I participated in the OWL program. This program really paved the way for what my experience at OSU was going to be like. This program reaffirmed the importance of volunteering for me because I was able to experience the many benefits that it encompasses. First, I was able to help out the OSU community and lend a helping hand to others. Volunteering always brings people since a common cause is being worked towards, and it really built a sense of community for all of the residents of Drackett. I met amazing people who were like-minded, unique, and from all different backgrounds, which was definitely eye-opening since I realized how much of a bubble I live in back home. This experience most definitely taught me to keep an open mind as well as encouraged me to participate in more volunteering opportunities presented here at OSU.