Dream Journal

I often have vivid dreams and they hardly ever make sense. Always a combination of weird and serious. I typically am trying to do something that I feel is important, but something is always preventing me. In this particular dream, I was with my best friend in a city over rode with monsters. Cartoonish monsters – big, small, other-worldly and colorful.

While trying to leave the city, Lauren and I saw someone also trying to leave. This person however, was quickly grabbed by one of the monsters. Immediately the person we saw began to transform, sprouting fins and turning pink. It didn’t take but a second for us to realize that if a monster touched you, you’d change too.

Unfortunately for us, the monsters were quiet and you never knew when they were coming.First, I outlined our faces and created the black lines to make it look like the faces were melting.

Next, I colored our faces the colors I wanted. I put these layers under the “lines” layer.I used the same color of Lauren’s face to color my lips and under eye area. I did vice versa for her face.I colored our eyes completely white to stay in line with my dream.Here I cropped the image and also created shadows underneath the drips.I colored my hair purple and used a darker purple to create depth and texture.I made Lauren’s hair blue and used darker blue for texture as well.
Next I erased our bodies so I could composite this onto an image with monsters.Here we are with our new monster brethren.