Module 5 – Note-Taking

Hello again, back with a couple more tips on how to better prepare to be successful in a college course!

On this weeks agenda, note-taking. This is something you may have taken for granted in high school but let me tell you it will save your life on more than one occasion. Fine.. I’ll say it… note-taking can totally suck, its tedious and can seem like a waste of time. If you feel this way you are like how I was in your position, unaware of the technique that works best for myself. A huge reason why people hate taking notes so much is that they are doing it the wrong way.

HERE IS MY ADVICE TO YOU pick the technique that works best for YOU. Then decide whether you will do this on paper, writing on a tablet, or typing your notes. This most effective way I have found for myself in regards to memorization is to first handwrite my notes then type them after class. If you think your note-taking skills are fine but you’re still struggling I would suggest learning more about “active reading”. Active reading is where good notes begin. Take a second to familiarize yourself with what it means to be an active listener, it will most definitely come up in future posts.

4.3 Are You Really Listening?