1830’s ukiyo-e (woodblock prints)
- Background of ukiyo-e
- ukiyo-e by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- ukiyo-e and the Tōkaidō Road (all versions by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige)
- The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tōkaidō Road (1833-34 version)
- Interactive map with comparison of all versions of each station of the Tōkaidō Road prints by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- Database of all ukiyo-e prints
1920’s Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Background of the Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Tōkaidō Manga Scroll Video:
- Artist: Okamoto Ippei
- Close to Yokohama, home to a large foreign community, a picture of a beloved Western child.
- Kanagawa (神 奈 川, かながわ)
- gaikokujin (外国人, がいこくじん) – Foreigner
- seiyō (西洋, せいよう) – The west; western countries.
- kodomo (子供, こども) – Child; children.
- onna-no-ko (女の子, おんなのこ) – Girl; female child; baby girl.
- yōfuku (洋服, ようふく) – Western-style clothing.
- Vocabulary List of all Tōkaidō Stations