1830’s ukiyo-e (woodblock prints)
- Background of ukiyo-e
- ukiyo-e by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- ukiyo-e and the Tōkaidō Road (all versions by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige)
- The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tōkaidō Road (1833-34 version)
- Interactive map with comparison of all versions of each station of the Tōkaidō Road prints by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- Database of all ukiyo-e prints
1920’s Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Background of the Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Tōkaidō Manga Scroll Video:
- Artist: Hosokibara Seiki
- Bowing to the sacred mountain, Akibayama, in the distance.
- Translations for all Tōkaidō stations
- Kakegawa (掛川, かけがわ)
- ogamu (拝む, おがむ) – To worship; pray to; bow to; do reverence to.
- jinja (神社, じんじゃ) – Shinto shrine.
- torii (鳥居, とりい) – Structural signifier of entrance to a sacred place.
- Vocabulary List of all Tōkaidō Stations
- Interactive map of Tōkaidō with contemporary photographs (all)
- “The Old Tokaido” (Day 10) Youtube Link
- (Covers stations 27 – 30): Kakegawa, Fukuroi, Mitsuke, Hamamatsu)