1830’s ukiyo-e (woodblock prints)
- Background of ukiyo-e
- ukiyo-e by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- ukiyo-e and the Tōkaidō Road (all versions by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige)
- The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tōkaidō Road (1833-34 version)
- Interactive map with comparison of all versions of each station of the Tōkaidō Road prints by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- Database of all ukiyo-e prints
1920’s Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Background of the Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Tōkaidō Manga Scroll Video:
- Artist: Ogawa Jihei
- Professional river porters pulling a boat across the Ōi River.
- Translations for all Tōkaidō stations
- Kanaya (金谷, かなや)
- fune (船, ふね) – A boat; ship; watercraft; vessel; steamship
- saosasu (棹差す, さおさす) – To pole (a boat); to punt (a boat); to swim with the tide.
- hiku (引く, ひく) – To pull.
- Vocabulary List of all Tōkaidō Stations
- Interactive map of Tōkaidō with contemporary photographs (all)
- “The Old Tokaido” (Day 9) Youtube Link
- (Covers stations (24-26): Shimada, Kanaya, Nissaka)