1830’s ukiyo-e (woodblock prints)
- Background of ukiyo-e
- ukiyo-e by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- ukiyo-e and the Tōkaidō Road (all versions by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige)
- The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tōkaidō Road (1833-34 version)
- Interactive map with comparison of all versions of each station of the Tōkaidō Road prints by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- Database of all ukiyo-e prints
1920’s Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Background of the Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Tōkaidō Manga Scroll Video:
- Artist: Kōuchi Junichi
- The rare case of the Tōkaidō Rail Line passing right through the grounds of a temple, the temple Seikenji.
- Translations for all Tōkaidō stations
- Okitsu (興津, おきつ)
- kisha (汽車, きしゃ) – Steam train.
- testudō (鉄道, てつどう) – Railroad.
- Vocabulary List of all Tōkaidō Stations
- Interactive map of Tōkaidō with contemporary photographs
- “The Old Tokaido” (Day 6) Youtube Link
- (Covers stations (16-19): Kanbara, Yui, Okitsu, Ejiri)