1830’s ukiyo-e (woodblock prints)
- Background of ukiyo-e
- ukiyo-e by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- ukiyo-e and the Tōkaidō Road (all versions by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige)
- The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tōkaidō Road (1833-34 version)
- Interactive map with comparison of all versions of each station of the Tōkaidō Road prints by Utagawa (Andō) Hiroshige
- Database of all ukiyo-e prints
1920’s Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Background of the Tōkaidō Manga Scroll
- Tōkaidō Manga Scroll Video:
- Artist: Arita Shigeru
- The top of Odawara Castle framed by electric power lines.
- Odawara (小田原, おだわら)
- denki (電気, でんき) – Electricity
- densen (電線, でんせん) – Electric line; electric cable; power line; telephone line; telephone wire.
- kaki (垣, かき) – Fence.
- shiro (城, しろ) – Castle
- Vocabulary List of all Tōkaidō Stations
- Interactive map of Tōkaidō with contemporary photographs
- Odawara (Japanese)
- “The Old Tokaido” (Day 4) Youtube Link
- (Covers stations (10-12): Odawara, Hakone, Mishima)