Original Inquiry

Half of a semester into my second year at Ohio State, I have gotten to complete two research projects that have pushed me to new horizons of creative inquiry. Last semester, I took COMM 2367, a second-year persuasive communication writing course; I spent the entire semester research one aspect of a social justice issue. In my group, our overall topic was that of a college education in relation to youth accessibility; I personally researched the impact of socio-economic factors that create such a gap. The paper was my first true research assignment at Ohio State and while I learned the basics of writing a research paper, I also learned that interweaving passion with research makes it an extremely enriching experience.

With this in mind, I started my second research project this semester for BUSMHR 2292, which was a research presentation on a company I would enjoy working for. Thinking back to my experience in COMM 2367, I chose L Brands, as I am currently a volunteer on the PINK Campus Team, have a passion for retail, and love the artsy side of business. I ended up loving this project and felt by the end of it, I had a better understanding of the company and could be an outstanding interview candidate. In the coming months, I will also be completing a group research assignment on business ethics for this course.