Month of Action Check-in

The three actions I have completed so far are thrifting, buying in bulk, and using reusable goods.

I’ve always bee an avid thrifter, but now that it’s my only option for clothing I’ve become a master.  I can sift through the racks for hours and alter anything to fit me perfectly.  I’ve been making trips back to my parents’ house just to use their sewing machine.  My favorite thrift store in Columbus is the Goodwill on High St. near the Rally’s, it has a lot of gently used items from reputable brands.

Buying in bulk is pretty nice, especially for items like grains, granola, and raisins.  It’s also nice to be able to bring your own reusable bags in order to reduce plastic waste.  I love going to Lucky’s on High St, they have awesome options for bulk items and I can ride my bike there which is awesome!!

Speaking of my parents’ sewing machine, I have been completing some DIY projects for reusable goods, including beeswax cloth and cloth pantyliners.  Both of these projects were really fun to make and help reduce waste.  The beeswax cloth is just cotton fabric coated with beeswax that can be used as a foil alternative.  Of course, I always carry my trusty stainless steel mug, because you never know when caffeine is needed.  This is a zero-waste necessity!!

An action shot of my trusty mug!!

The beeswax cloth drying- this can be messy so definitely do it while your parents are sleeping so they don’t get nervous about the countertops 😉

The beeswax melting onto the fabric