VIA Strengths

My top five strengths are Humor, Love, Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence, Curiosity, and Gratitude.

Here’s a quick description of each of these terms:

Humor- Liking to laugh and tease; bringing smiles to other people; seeing the light side; making (not necessarily telling) jokes.

Love- Valuing close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing & caring are reciprocated; being close to people.

Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence- Noticing and appreciating beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in various domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

Curiosity- Taking an interest in ongoing experience for its own sake; finding subjects and topics fascinating; exploring and discovering.

Gratitude- Being aware of and thankful for the good things that happen; taking time to express thanks.

While I agree with most of the strengths I received, I am a little surprised by the order in which I received them.  I think that if I were to rearrange them I would put Curiosity a little higher. I use Curiosity everyday as a member Ohio State’s rowing team. I am a coxswain, the smaller athlete who steers the boat and motivates the rowers.  As a coxswain, I am continually learning more about the sport and being curious helps me to perform my best everyday.  I also would like to see Gratitude a little higher on my list, as I have the opportunity to be a student athlete at my dream university, and this is something I’m thankful for everyday.

Here’s a picture of me coxing an eight:

Word Count: 259