G.O.A.L.S: Academic Enrichment

This year, I participated in S.T.E.P, or the Second-Year Transformational Experience Program. I was very fortunate to have an amazing adviser for my specific cohort. She helped me develop my project from a dream into reality–and now in less than a month I am flying to Australia and New Zealand. She also happens to be the head of the Psychology department at OSU. Lucky enough for me, my minor is developmental psychology. After I disclosed this to her, she was so excited to talk to me about it. We talked for half an hour about my future plans, why I chose my major and minor, and more. I told her that I had always found psychology interesting but my major, Health Sciences, was more in line with my career path of physical therapy. But, minoring in developmental psychology could help me understand and connect with my patients on a more personal level. She agreed with me, gave me tips on how to succeed in my classes now, and in the future. I am so thankful to have been matched with her by chance through S.T.E.P. Now, I feel confident that I have a staff member I can turn to if I ever am seeking help.