How do you want others to see you? What qualities, talents and traits would your friends, colleagues and supervisors say that you possess? Your personal brand is how others perceive you. Your interests, your work and your interactions with others all contribute to shaping others’ perceptions of you and help build your personal brand.
Personal Branding Tips:
- Self-Reflection- Ask yourself the following questions and write down your answers.
- Who are you?
- What are your roles?
- What makes you happy?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are your natural talents and skills?
- Does your career express these talents and passions? How?
- How do you add value to your organization?
- What makes you unique?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? Is your current path helping you achieve them?
- Be intentional- With your answers to the above questions, determine if you are on track to achieve both your long- and short-term goals
- Aim to use your passions, talents, skills to achieve your goals and add value to your organization = your personal brand
- Be authentic
- Ted Talk: Ashley Stahl- Three questions to unlock your authentic career