Module 3 communication and collaboration

In module 3 we primarily talked about communication and collaboration on the internet. Being able to communicate efficiently and collaborate with people is a huge skill that is extremely valuable and needed for areas like the work place, and academic setting. For me the most important piece of information I learned was the online communicating tips.

I found the online communicating tips extremely helpful because I was able to learn some new tips that will help me further my prior knowledge on the subject. A few things I already knew before reading this was you should avoid using slang or sarcasm when communicating. It is important to refrain from using slang because it is unprofessional to do so, it’s possible to misunderstand the message, and something could get left out in translation. You also shouldn’t use sarcasm because it is hard to detect in writing and can also cause confusion when reading the message. A new skill I learned from this was resisting from overanalyzing. This makes sense because you don’t always need to put too much information into something. People don’t want to read a bunch of words, so by not over analyzing it can cut down the reading and help you make efficient sentences using less words.

When it comes to online  communicating for college students it is vary important for them to use the tips stated above to help them communicate effectively and efficiently. I would suggest they always try stay professional and respectful