Columbus To-Do List

Under the Thematic To-Do List, I’m choosing to explore coffee and tea locations in Columbus. I’m choosing this list because I am a big fan of coffee and tea but don’t know of many places in Columbus to get either. I am most looking forward to finding quite locations that not everyone knows about. I’m hoping to find a go-to coffee shop in Columbus like the one I have in my hometown. I believe that if I can find a place that reminds me of home here, I will consequently feel more at home in Columbus. So far, I have only visited Stauf’s Coffee. This was a very nice coffee shop located in a quaint neighborhood on Neil avenue. It is in a beautiful building that looks to be an old church. It wasn’t too busy and had a warm aura. There was a lot of seating, but it didn’t feel crowded. They didn’t have many options, but they had all the basics: lattes, teas, cold brews, hot chocolate, and chai. A unique thing this coffee shop has implemented to cut back on waste is their reusable sleeve incentive. By re-using a single sleeve 10 times and acquiring 10 hole punches made by the employees, you can get a free coffee! I thought this was a very creative way to encourage reducing waste. It’s a small step in the right direction that I hope other shops start using. I plan on going back to this location and will definitely bring a friend!

Part two:

A couple more things that I have experienced here in Colombus were exploring the Short North and restaurants around the city. My family and I went to Cap City Fine Diner and Bar on Olentangy River Rd. This was my favorite restaurant I’ve been to in Columbus. The aura of the diner reminded me of an upscale Waffle House. The employees were also super friendly and helpful. The portions were very large and delicious. Here, I got the grilled cheese and fries that filled me up. My friend Max and I also went to every shop in the shopping center across the river. We went to Marshalls, Target, Barnes and Noble, Petco, Sally Beauty, and Old Navy. One of my favorite places over there is Petco because there were fish, mice, guinea pigs, and cats. In the Short North, I walked the streets and went into shops with my family. We went into a lot of the boutiques like Rowe Boutique, Glean, Global Gifts, and Smartypants Vintage. We saw Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, but didn’t go in because we went to dinner at The Eagle Short North. I got the grilled cheese sandwich. It was very cheesy but not too filling. So, I ate some of my sister’s fries, which were delicious. The Short North has so much to offer and I can’t wait to go back and explore more with my friends. Overall, this was my favorite experience in Columbus so far.

Petco

Old Navy

Cap City

Cap City