Hi, I’m Lauren Jennett! My preferred pronouns are she/her/hers. I’m currently a first-year student at The Ohio State University, but I grew up in Miamisburg, Ohio. Academically, I’ve always been a very driven learner. I strive for perfection but accept that it’s not always realistic, so I accept anything very close to it. I am dedicated and give my all to anything I commit to in my life, including jobs, classes, activities/clubs, and relationships.

At The Ohio State University, I am studying biology on a pre-dentistry track. Becoming an orthodontist is my ultimate career goal, although I’d be thrilled to end up doing anything in the dental field. I was inspired to pursue a career in this field by my family. My dad’s side of the family is under a long-lasting curse of poor dental health. Since his family of eight grew up in poverty and lacked basic education on dental health and access to dental care, I’ve grown up watching their real teeth being extracted and replaced with a fresh set of pearly whites. This, of course, has always been a last resort to fixing their teeth, but ultimately, always necessary. I’ve seen the change in their confidence and self-perception. Since witnessing this, I knew I wanted to be the person that makes someone confident in their smile, the most powerful expression of all.

Aside from my academic goals, I have goals to build connections and gain experience in the real world. I’d love any opportunity to perform research in my field, shadow dentists, and volunteer/work in dental clinics.

I am passionate about music, the environment, volleyball, equity, and traveling. I have a strong appreciation for alternative/indie/rock music and all things in nature. I particularly love spending time in the water; kayaking, swimming, boating, and cliff-jumping are a few of my favorite activities. I realize that our world is in a crisis as a result of too few people being cautious of their environmental impact and I want to contribute to the effort to reverse these almost irreversible effects caused by human actions.