About Me

Biography

I grew up on a small farm in Saint Paris, Ohio, a rural town about an hour and 15 minutes west of Columbus. I decided to attend OSU because I wanted to stay in Ohio and I wanted a lot of opportunities with my college education. At first, I was really unsure about my major, but once I decided to pursue something related to agriculture, Ohio State instantly because my number one choice. At OSU, I am involved in Alpha Zeta Partners (where I serve as Chancellor), Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow, and Cru. I also work as a University Ambassador and Recruitment Host with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

In my free time, I love to catch up with friends and family, watch my favorite films, or read a good book.

Why I decided to pursue Global Option

I decided to pursue Global Option as I wanted to reflect on my experiences and take advantage of another opportunity to better my education. In addition to my experiences in Brazil, I also have a Spanish minor and wanted to see how I could connect my language and culture studies to my undergraduate career. After the first few assignments, I have already found myself thinking more critically about my experiences and global knowledge.

My Goal for Global Option

With the Global Option, I hope to expand my global mindset and find new ways to verbalize my experiences and knowledge gained from Brazil. I hope to spend time reflecting on what I have learned not only in the classroom, but also in Brazil and various other cultural experiences over the last four years.