Artifact- Soccer (Football) and the Barclays Premier League

Soccer, or football as it is known in Europe and the United Kingdom, is a sport that has dominated English culture for decades. The sport has particularly strong ties in England, as England was the place where the first organized soccer began in 1863. Currently in England, Barclays Premier League, which is the top football league in England, is widely renowned as one of the best and most competitive football leagues in the entire world. For more information regarding the Barclays Premier League, a good site is:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb.html

Pre-Trip:
I am a huge soccer (or football) fan. I first developed my love for the beautiful game during high school when I was on the team that my high school had. Being exposed to soccer in high school created a thirst for it, and I was delighted to discover that the Barclays Premier League quenched that thirst. Coming from the United States where Major League Soccer is just beginning to really take off, I have always looked at the Barclays Premier League as sort of an example that the MLS should strive for. Also looking comparatively at the skill level in both leagues, I have always seen Barclays Premier League as the more competitive and skilled league (however, recent Major League Soccer is starting to look more and more like the Barclays Premier League). I am of the belief that the Barclays Premier League is one of the most competitive leagues in the whole of organized soccer. I am a huge soccer fan, and I have heard that the people of England are also huge soccer fans, so I am interested to see the role that soccer takes on in the daily lives of the English people.