The Importance of Self Reflection (Module 3)

Hello Future Students,

This week’s module for 1159 focused heavily on how efficient a person is in their daily lives. Personally, the most useful thing I learned in this module is the importance of self reflection in both an academic environment, and a personal one. Throughout the module, I completed a task which had me record each and every thing I did during the day and the time it took to do so. This was very eye opening as it created an opportunity for me to truly understand what I do during my free time, and just how efficient I am. Not surprisingly, I learned that I have time issues I should definitely work on, as it will make my life more stressful as I can plan better for school and beyond. From this point forward, I know to create better schedules for myself to create a better work environment, and to make myself more efficient. Beyond that, I now know it to be a good idea to record my days every once in a while, to ensure that I haven’t slipped back into any bad time wasting habits.   One useful resource I utilized this week in my tracking of my time was Google Sheets. Through the tutorial listed on Slide 18 of this Weeks module (https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6000292?hl=en&ref_topic=2811806), I learned how to effectively track my time. Google Sheets makes it very easy to self evaluate, and thus self improve. I hope this helps!