5. The distribution of the iPhone

QQ截图20150406212557

Although iPhone is not advertised everywhere around the world, it is distributed to a lot of countries in the globe. Apart from the countries that receive advertisement for the phone, Argentina, Columbia and Chile in South America, Norway, Sweden and Finland in Europe, South Africa in Africa, Russia, Turkey and India in Asia, and New Zealand in Oceania are notable countries that officially sell iPhone.

iphone-user-region-june-09

Shar, Glibert. “54% of iPhones Users Are in U.S., Says Ad Mob.” Wireless and mobile news. 23 July 2009. Web. 6 April 2015.

http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2009/07/54-of-iphones-user-are-in-us-says-ad-mob.html

As a popular product, iPhone is widely distributed around the world. While the iPhone has the biggest sales in the North America, other regions such as Europe and Asia also contributes to a notable amount of iPhone sales.

gender-by-platformage-by-platform

Crum, Chris. “Consumer Demographics and Their Wireless Devices.” WebProNews. 25 Feb. 2010. Web. 6 April 2015.

http://www.webpronews.com/consumer-demographics-and-their-wireless-devices-2010-02

There are some interesting patterns in the distribution of iPhone. It is being equally used by men and women in all ages. On the contrary, Android phone, the major competitor of iPhone, is mostly used by men around 30 years.

admob_app_purchases

Whitney, Lance. “Half of iPhone users buy at least an app a month.” CNET. 25 Feb. 2015. Web. 6 April 2015.

http://www.cnet.com/news/half-of-iphone-users-buy-at-least-an-app-a-month/

The distribution of iPhone has a positive social impact on the sales of the phone’s app, which benefits the US econmy. Because iPhone is being distributed around the world and it is welcomed by men and women in all ages, 50% of iPhone users buy at least one paid app per month, which generates more than 10 billion of revenue for the Apple. On the contrary, only 21% of Android users do so in a monthly basis. Also, the popularity of the iPhone apps creates more than 300,000 jobs. Different from the jobs in iPhone’s manufacture process, the iOS app jobs are taken by professional engineers, who are highly skilled in computer engineering. The jobs are not very stable but once the engineer designs a popular app, he or she would earn a lot of money. Those jobs also benefits the US economy to a large extent.

4 thoughts on “5. The distribution of the iPhone

1. Hello! My name is Nurziya. I’m writing you about hp printers, iPhone, dell, xerox. I’m reseller. I need 5000 pieces at wholesale prices. Our company from Kazakhstan. But right now I am in New York City. My number 7045266412
    P.S. I am not good in English, I speak fluent in Russian language . Waiting your answer

2. Hey guys, do you like playing online games in your free time? I know an interesting game named diggy. Let’s try it, you will like it!

3. Hi there, I am here to find new friends who love playing online games. We can make friends and play diggy in our free time. It’s so funny, let’s try it!