About Me

Hello! My name is Çağlar (Chaalar). I got my bachelor degree in Computer Education and Instructional Technology in Turkey. So, I could say that I’m in Educational Technology for 7 years. While I was in undergrad, I decided to pursue my master and PhD in the same area. The United States was the best place for me to be a well-educated person in academia. 2 years ago, I started to my language education at the University of Pennsylvania. Then, I applied to grad schools in the United States. In my acceptances, I chose the Ohio State University because research interests and the advisor fit very well for my career.
Last academic year was the first year in the Ohio State University. After getting few courses in this summer and next semester, I am planning to work on my thesis. So, I’m happy to be here with precious people who have different backgrounds and great experiences.
Officially, I do not work for any corporation because all of my job is to be a student in EdTech, but I am working with Dr. Xie in his lab which is Digital Learning Lab. We have different projects that were funded. I m interested in gamification, gamified educational materials, and mobile applications.

My research interests:
∙ Specialization in Educational Technology and desire to continue MS/PhD in this field.
∙ Long-term career goal is to be a leading professor in the Educational Technology Department and to apply the latest scientific developments into these studies.
∙  Gamification, self regulated learning, game-based learning, technology integration in teaching and educational research, integration of traditional and modern education, multimedia design, instructional design and development.

Personally, I love technology! The reason why I get this course is educational websites are interesting for me. I think all EdTech grad school students should get this course because we are in Education department, which is related to technology. Also, I’m interested in photography. I sometimes take photos and digitally retouch them by watching online tutorials.
In this course, I am planning to create a website dedicated to people who are enthusiastic to learn Basic Turkish. This website is dedicated to people who are enthusiastic to learn a new language (especially Turkish) in a short period of time. At the end of the study, learners will be able to speak and understand Turkish as a tourist level. They will learn: Essentials, Conversations, Colors, Numbers etc.. On the other hand, people can get information about Turkey and its culture.

Here are some examples from my collection: