Eight Cities that I Lived

This week, I would like to write about the cities that I lived and their culture. I was born in Izmir, which is one of the biggest cities in Turkey and has almost 4.4 million population. This city is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Turkey because it has historical places and sea. Karsiyaka, Alsancak and Konak are ones that are the most popular places in Izmir. I spent nine years in this great city.

Then, I moved to Siirt which is a small city in the southeastern part of Turkey. There is not that much historical and cultural places there. The reason why we moved there is that my mother was from there. I did not like at the first time when we moved there because it was a small city and there was not that much opportunity for being social. After living in Siirt nine years, I started to love this city almost the same as Izmir. It is hard to find some pictures about this city, but I find show you an example about it.

After spending 9 years in Siirt, my family moved to Batman. Yeah, it sounds awesome. There is a city in Turkey called Batman. Most people who heard this city’s name were surprised because it has the same name with a super here, Batman. I did not live in this that much because I started living far from my family because of my education. There is an ancient historical place called Hasankeyf in Batman. (Left Photo)

After preparing myself for college exams, I got an acceptance from a university in Van. Van pronounces as One in English. Another awkward city, ha? This city is placed the East border. I did like this city, but it was really cold when I compared to my hometown.I just spent one years there. In Van, there is a historical cathedral in Akdamar Island. (You can check it from here: Cathedral of the Holy Cross)

So, I wanted to be transferred to another university. Seljuk University is in Konya. This city is known for the city of Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi . I loved Konya because it was that much crowded and small. It was a great city for university students,too. I might find everything in terms of social activities and amusements. I lived there 3 years, and then, I graduated from my university. One reason why I love this city is because this city helped me to reach my goals for coming to the US. After difficult exams and getting acceptance from Ministry of Education, I was one of the students who are going to go the US for grad school.

For my English Education, I spent 1 year in Istanbul. I fell in love with Istanbul. I really want to write about Istanbul, but I am worried because I might write more than ten pages. It is great city and has lots of opportunities. You can check some good places in Istanbul from my the other blog post. (Fascinating Places in Istanbul)

Then, I moved to Philadelphia for one year. Now, I have been living in Columbus for more than one year. This was the story of the cities that I lived in Turkey.

Note: When you click the images in this post, you might find photo credits in the descriptions of photos. Instead of writing the credit here, I added them on the photos by using Photoshop. So, I made a practice for photo project 🙂