Improving Diversity in Optometric Careers (I-DOC) is an intensive four-day program that introduces ethnically underrepresented minority undergraduate college students to the profession of optometry. The purpose of I-DOC is to improve and promote diversity in Optometry by cultivating a diverse student body. The program has been designed to:
- Help students understand the role of diversity in Optometry in overcoming health disparities.
- Expose students to educational opportunities and careers in Optometry.
- Help students navigate the Optometry school application process (including having access to test prep materials) and develop into competitive and successful applicants.
- Strong scholastic aptitude (Cumulative GPA of greater than 2.75)
- Interest in optometric career
- Ethnically underrepresented minority: African American or Black, Hispanic American, Asian American, Native American, Native Pacific Islander, or Alaskan Native
- Undergraduate college student
The application for IDOC 2021 is closed. We encourage you to consider applying for IDOC 2022. Continue to check our website for updates on next year’s event dates and application.