Improving Diversity in Optometric Careers (I-DOC) is an intensive four-day program that introduces ethnically underrepresented minority undergraduate college students to the profession of optometry. The purpose of I-DOC is to improve and promote diversity in Optometry by cultivating a diverse student body. The program has been designed to:
- Help students understand the role of diversity in Optometry in overcoming health disparities.
- Expose students to educational opportunities and careers in Optometry.
- Help students navigate the Optometry school application process (including having access to test prep materials) and develop into competitive and successful applicants.
- Strong scholastic aptitude (Cumulative GPA of greater than 2.75)
- Interest in optometric career
- Ethnically underrepresented minority: African American or Black, Hispanic American, Asian American, Native American, Native Pacific Islander, or Alaskan Native
- Undergraduate college student
The application for IDOC 2021 is now open!
Please apply by Friday, May 14 at the link below.