Due to the Covid-19 crisis, this year’s IDOC program will be held virtually on July 13th, 16th, 20th, & 23rd in half-day sessions.
Improving Diversity in Optometric Careers (I-DOC) is an intensive four-day program that introduces participants to the profession of optometry. The purpose of I-DOC is to attract ethnically underrepresented minority undergraduate college students to careers in optometry.
- Strong scholastic aptitude
- Interest in optometric career
- Ethnically underrepresented minority: African American or Black, Hispanic American, Asian American, Native American, Native Pacific Islander, or Alaskan Native
- Undergraduate college student
- To apply: Online applications will be accepted till June 29, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not they are accepted to the program no later than July 3, 2020.