Welcome to my ePortfolio! My name is Aryn Iannuzzi, I’m a first-year undergraduate student in the school of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University, majoring in Special Education. I grew up in Manchester, Vermont, where I graduated from Burr and Burton Academy in 2020. 

During high school, I spent a lot of my time working on creating a Unified Basketball league at my school, advocating for representation of students with disabilities in Student Government, volunteering with Special Olympics Vermont, as well as the TOP Soccer program, which is a local organization that teaches children with disabilities how to play soccer. Through these experiences I found a passion for service, as well as working with people with disabilities, which prompted me to pursue Special Education as a career. 

At Ohio State, I’m a member of the Advocates for Communities and Education Scholars program, and so far, it has been a deeply humbling and rewarding experience. I’m passionate advocate, especially for disability rights and inclusion in education, and I also find a lot of fulfillment in service, so being a part of a like-minded group of individuals has been a great start to my college education experience. In my first semester I also joined Students Supporting People with Down Syndrome, also known as SSPDS, and even though we haven’t gotten to have any in-person events with the Self-Advocates, we have had a few events over zoom, and I can’t wait to meet the other members when we’re allowed.  

In the future, I hope to graduate college with my teaching license in Special Education on the Moderate-Intensive track. I may consider pursuing further graduate-level educationbut I’m eager to get field experience working with people with disabilities.