My Recent Hospital Stay

In the early summer of 2017, I had made the decision to get a spinal fusion surgery, which was a topic that I had debated on for 4 years. I had discovered that I had scoliosis when I was in 8th grade through a routine school check-up, and throughout my high school years, I had received physical therapy and a brace to prevent my condition from worsening, but unfortunately, it had gotten to the point where it would be beneficial for me to undergo surgery. While I was awaiting my big day, I had gone through a lot of mixed emotions, fear being a major one, but that was quickly cast aside when I had received the most caring response from my friends after breaking the last minute news to them. Tears had filled everyone’s eyes before I even had the chance to cry, but they quickly gave me encouragement and promised that they would always be thinking of me and would wait for my recovery. I walked into the hospital with smiles and when I woke up afterward, I couldn’t even remember why I had been worried. The surgery was successful and a day later, my friends had filled up my hospital room. Ever since that special day, I had realized that I had the support of the people that I don’t see every day, because of the bond that we had with one another and within our group, we would all be ready to support one another through the toughest times. I am glad to know that I have these amazing people in my life by my side.