Between studying, figuring out how to use Vitals, and finding the underground tunnels or the scrub office, the first year of medical school can be overwhelming if you don’t have someone to turn to.
Luckily, each year a group of amazing OSUCOM M2s volunteer to be mentors to students in the M1 class! These M2 mentors help guide M1s through the intricacies of med school.
First year students interested in being paired with an M2 mentor should fill out the this form by August 8, 2018 at noon. The M1-M2 Mentor Reveal will be at 6:30 pm in Meiling 160 on August 8, 2018. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We hope to see you there!
Why you should consider adding a class or two to your summer schedule.
I came to Ohio State as a freshman with absolutely no college credits. Zero. None.
Many of my friends had taken courses at a local college throughout high school or had received credits from scoring well on their AP tests. I graduated high school in three years and while this may seem exciting, I felt behind when I started out as an undergraduate. I had taken IB courses (similar to AP), but because I graduated a year early, I did not take the IB tests to get college credit.
My solution: summer courses.
Of course, even those who were not “behind” like I was can and should take a class or two in the summer. In fact, I highly recommend it. Here’s why:
This information is found in the weekly newsletter email; sign up by emailing them to add you!
Tomorrow (3/27) we will be hosting music therapists to learn about what they do and how they do it and why it is therapeutic! It will be in Campbell Hall 309 at 6:30 pm.
- April 3rd – The Chief Medical Officer of Ohio Health is coming! We will be hosting Dr. Vanderhoff to hear about his career path and all of the responsibilities and rewards that come with being the Chief Medical Officer. This will be held in Meiling Hall at 6:30 to accomodate a larger crowd!
- Nominations have closed for awards! These will be announced in the coming weeks!
- Homework Help: This opportunity is to tutor young students off campus every Monday-Wednesday 3:30- 5:30 pm. No need to go every day but we would love to have a consistent volunteers representing HiM. There will be carpooling since it is off-campus. Please sign up HERE!
- My Family Pantry: This is a great opportunity to work with the community and get service hours! You can sign up HERE!
- Our blog is officially up! Check it out here! Ameer just posted a new article so make sure you check it out!
- Vern is a freshman who is majoring in neuroscience. She loves listening to music and her favorite snack is popcorn! Vern did an amazing job raising money and organizing a Buckeyethon team for HiM so thank you for all that you do!!
The Professional School Orchestra allows inter-professional students and members of the medical community to have a musical outlet, to provide orchestral performances for the Ohio State community, and to encourage humanism and a life-long relationship with musical performance. RSVP on Facebook here!